The “Spirit of Saab” book

Posted on 23. Sep, 2006 by in 1950-1959, 1960-1969, 1970-1979, 1980-1989, 1990-1999, 2000-2009, 900, 9000, 92, 93, 95, 96, 97 (Sonett II & III), 99, New England, New Haven, Connecticut, New York, NY

Ted Yurkon, a Saab Enthusiast and frequent contributor here, recently posted on saabvideos asking about a Saab book he has been looking for. This book involved all sorts of interesting situations in Saab’s history that ranged from the 2-cycle engine to the 3-cylinder engine, including a great deal of Saab’s history in the United States.

This book is titled the “Spirit of Saab”. In the meantime, look no further as it looks like there are still used copies available on the internet and I have made this process easy for Saab owners and enthusiasts globally to buy. Just go to the books on the right-hand side of the website, and once in there scroll to 1993 and there is the “Spirit of Saab”. Simply click on the Amazon link below to complete your purchase! Enjoy and please send your book reviews once you have read it!

I have scanned the table of contents for everyone’s reference below.

(Click on the thumbnails below to see the larger image, then click your browser’s back button to return)

spirit1.jpg

spirit2.jpg

spirit3.jpg

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “The “Spirit of Saab” book”

1. Ted Y

24. Sep, 2006

Thanks Ryan for finding this book. Somehow, it doesn’t look familiar, but it has the subject matter I was looking for, so I ordered it. I’ll let you know if it’s the same book, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it either way. I’m thinking maybe the library had it at one time and that’s where I read it, but maybe they no longer have a copy. It’s odd, looking for a book where you know what it says, but you don’t know what book or where you got it. Thanks again.

24. Sep, 2006

Ted,

I am glad that I was able to help! Not a problem. Was it easy to order through this website? I was just wondering if your experience could be any more simple. Any suggestions? This is a nice feature that I hope others will also enjoy as much you did!

– Ryan

3. Ted Y

24. Sep, 2006

As easy to order as anywhere I’ve seen. It was nice to be able to view the scanned table of contents.
    Ted

4. john

27. Sep, 2006

Rolf Bleeker’s ‘The Spirit of Saab’ is a cracking little book and an interesting read, too. Lots of nuggets and gems of information in there – so I’d advise you to get your hands on a copy if you can.

During my visit to Saab Bilmuseum, I was given a complimentary copy by Per Borje-Elg who also gave me a guided tour of the museum. A gentleman and a real Saab man, Per-Borje had spent many years with Saab and I thank him for the tour and for the book.

5. eggsngrits

21. Aug, 2007

I-yi-yi! $375 for a USED copy, $800 for a new copy! What gives? Does it magically heal broken transmissions or make your headliner stay glued in place? I’m stunned!

6. Saabhistory

21. Aug, 2007

Eggsngrits,

Wow, that’s getting up there in price now! It’s extremely rare, but that’s apparently what used book sellers are setting their pricing on rare books now on Amazon. With even items like this, the used book sellers are believing that these items are set to “what the market will bear”. I think that these prices are unreasonable and are a bit too high. Try contacting the seller to suggest a lower price and let us know what they say.

7. john

21. Aug, 2007

Wow! Mine was a complimentary copy back in June 2000 from the Saab Bilmuseum.

Even at GBP 49.95 it is expensive, let alone USD 800.00 ! 😮

8. Kashif

23. Apr, 2014

16aec351ebHey would you mind sharing which blog ptrlfoam you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask! 185