Saab USA’s New 9-3 XWD Television Ad

Posted on 26. Aug, 2008 by in 2000-2009

At the 2008 Saab Owners Convention, Saab Automobile USA attempted to show us the 2nd new Saab Advertisement from their new ad agency at the Saturday night dinner from McCann-Erickson, but due to technical glitches it did not happen until 8:55am the following morning on Sunday.

This film is the 2nd in a series, following the Saab 9-3 Convertible “recycle” ad that has been shown for the better part of a month and a half.

This ad, a work-in-progress, is specifically the first ad showcasing cross-wheel drive (XWD) in North America. I find some of the technical aspects of the ad, most notably the letters on the highway something I’ve seen before with Saab Automobile AB Sweden’s ad agency, Lowe Brindfors when they did that series Test Piloterna with the 9-5s. I wonder if there was any collaboration between the two agencies on this?

I’m still hoping to see a Saab 9-3 Cross-Combi actually plowing through some snow somewhere in Northern New England, so perhaps there is still that chance. In the meantime, watch this film above which is evidently a work-in-progress, and please post your comments below to let Saab USA & McCann-Erickson know what you think!

Tags: , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Saab USA’s New 9-3 XWD Television Ad”

1. Auggie

06. Nov, 2008

What is the music used in this commercial? I love the song and I’d like to know the artist and song title.

Thanks.

2. Gabriela

06. Dec, 2008

I would really like to know the name of this song! I have been looking everywhere!

07. Dec, 2008

Gabriela,

Good to hear from you. I’ve been trying to get in touch with the ad agency, McCann-Erickson and my contacts there have not responded to any of my 4 requests over the past 4 consecutive weeks.

They used to get back to me, now nothing at all. They are really alienating themselves.

R

4. Shanae sanchez

12. Dec, 2008

Hello, i was wondering what the song title is of the music on the commercial is called. it’d be awesome if someone could let me know. Thanks a bunch!

5. Allie Smith

23. Dec, 2008

I am also looking for the name of the song. Any luck finding out?

24. Dec, 2008

Allie,

Thanks. Like I said, I have still been trying to reach the advertising agency and even to this day, no responses whatsoever!

I am getting curious as to why they are no longer responding to me.

I think that is the only way to find out, unless you or a friend has an iphone and has that new application that can “listen to music” and automatically identify the song. The song could be custom though too.

I hope that helps you thinking about some other ways of finding out.

R

7. Gabriela

24. Dec, 2008

Thank you for letting me know!