The Saab 9000 CD “Griffin Edition” – 1992

Posted on 28. Oct, 2008 by in 2000-2009, 9000

griffin edition The Saab 9000 CD Griffin Edition   1992

Photo Credit: Saab Automobile

In 1992, Saab Automobile manufactured a limited edition Saab 9000 CD Turbo called the “Griffin Edition”.

This model was limited to 400 for the United States as illustrated by the dash plaque showing what number out of the total production you owned. griffin plaque The Saab 9000 CD Griffin Edition   1992

This model not only completed the Saab 9000 CD range that began in 1988 and ended in 1992. This model, also completed the 9000 CC body style that began in 1985, continued until 1990, including facelifts to the range in 1991 and 1992.

Here are details that made this model unique in comparison to the other models at the time.

Exterior:

Eucalyptus Green Exterior

Interior:

Burled walnut fascia

Taupe leather & suede combination seats

Portable Celullar telephone

Engine: 200 horsepower Turbocharged engine

Pricetag : $40,000 USD

Tags: , , , , ,

10 Responses to “The Saab 9000 CD “Griffin Edition” – 1992”

1. Dan Wasvary

26. Oct, 2009

I have a very clean & great running Griffin for sale. If interested I’m asking $4,500 – Can send photos. Thank you

• Deon R

24. Oct, 2012

I am selling my Griffin! #382. No problems.the car runs great with lots of new extras! no rust, no dents. no TCS problems. low miles as well 135,000. If anyone is interested please email me. Thanks. 4,000. obo

2. siaw david frempong

26. Oct, 2009

saab is a great car i have been using saab since i started working, am a young man from ghana and saab is not common in my country pls can i have access to parts and new models of saab . tks

3. Daryl Menefee

22. Feb, 2011

I just bought a Griffin edition 9000, needs some work, especially on the interior, but drives great and is fast! looking forward to getting this car looking great again in the future with the help from my saab mechanic.

4. Greg

27. May, 2011

Other items which made this edition unique…I proudly own #77 of 400.

- separate A/C unit stored in trunk with a vent in rear shelf. Included separate rear a/c control on climate control unit. Owner can even adjust the rear air flow or set to ‘auto’.
    - leather/suede owner’s manual cover/case with gold plated air pressure gauge and pen/pencil
    - service card which covered all deductions and provided a service car free
    - Griffin Edition emblem on the rear lower panel next to truck lid
    - wood accent for passenger-side air vent and rear ashtray cover
    - 3 separate position memory seat for passenger (this was standard on most driver side seats)
    - rear self-leveling suspension which adjusts to weight load retain ride height level
    - extra padding and thicker carpet made the Griffin a more quiet ride vs standard 9000

5. jorgen

29. May, 2011

Have a saab griffin 147, 9000 cd Run great, are going to sell it soon. 160000 miles auto

My other car is a 1989 taurus sho i bought used when it was 2 years old. Too many cars , trucks to keep insurence on.

• bill harrison

06. Jul, 2011

email me with price on the griffin. i might be interested. photos also please

6. Rob

16. Aug, 2011

I have a 1992 Saab 9000 CD Turbo Griffin Edition with about 65,000 original miles. This automobile runs very well, is scary fast and needs just a little TLC. Very minor body work on driver door jam. Getting ready to put new heater core. Vehicle was an Alaskan car for most of its life and has been in retirement driving only a couple thousand miles a year as a pleasure vehicle. Air Conditioning is not charged. I am considering selling the vehicle. If there is any interest please contact me via email…Rob

7. Peg A

19. Jun, 2012

I I have a 1992 Griffin Edition engine works great. Parked it for a few years but a year ago I
    had everything fixed and it has been running great. Sunroof has a little leak.
    Would like to sell as I do not drive anymore. If interested email

8. Johan

03. Oct, 2012

I am looking for a left headlamp for my 1992 Saab Griffin. Anybody have for sale or can you direct me to a source or functional equivalent.

Thanks!