Saab Owner Receives "GM Loyalty Letter" Today

Posted on 10. Jan, 2010 by in 2010-2019

A Saab owner in the United States has received today, of all days, a “GM loyalty letter”. This Saab owner was so appalled and insulted by the letter due to all of the GM drama with Saab over the year, they sent Saab History a copy to share it with us.

According to the letter, GM believes it’s a good time to send out letters to Saab owners encouraging them to buy a new GM product or Saab models “while supplies last”. Oh yes, it’s a great time to buy from GM, are they kidding?

The Saab owner asked me what they could do to respond to this letter since they don’t support GM. I indicated that the best thing they could do is sign up on www.iwontbuyfromgm.com. In addition, I also asked them to tell their friends and family to tell their friends and family to never buy any GM products and have all of them also sign up here.

GM thinks that those of us living in a cave disconnected from reality, would respond to this letter and buy a new GM product. Is GM serious? Of all times to send a letter like this out, they thought that this past week would be a good time, especially after the news this past Friday?

I encourage you to submit your thoughts about how outrageous this letter is. Here’s the letter below:

gmloyaltyletter

check1

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Saab Owner Receives "GM Loyalty Letter" Today”

1. Kirby

10. Jan, 2010

I actually thought I was a loyal Saab owner not a GM owner.. Don’t they get it?
    I am signing up with the http://www.iwontbuyfromgm.com.right now…I will alert my list of friends..
    Duh! GM , Get real!

2. Saabrep

10. Jan, 2010

I sell new Saab’s. This is a rebate to anyone who has a 1999 or newer Saab or GM car. This is nothing special. With the new GM employee purchase program in place, it frees up more rebate money.

3. Keith R Bujak

10. Jan, 2010

This is exactly the problem with big business; GM has completely lost touch with its customers. It took them some 30 odd years to realize the junk they were pumping out was considered by most to be… well, junk.

4. Tim O'Brien

Hi Ryan

I received one of those letters on Monday at around 1pm, about three hours before I took the 10 hour journey to Detroit.

It was that letter that pushed me to make the trek to join you in Detroit.

What insulted me the most was the mention of “remaining Pontiac, Saturn, Saab vehicles” as if it was all over.

Appreciate your positive attitude and I also feel confident we will have a new owner decided upon soon.

5. Tim O'Brien

Yes Ryan

I got one on Monday afternoon, a few hours before heading off to join you in Detroit.

That gave me the push to make the effort to get there.

I think we’ll have a new owner soon.

Tim O’Brien | January 9, 2010 12:06 PM | Reply
    Add Insult to Injury

A special offer for owners like you

Dear Timothy,
    With so many vehicle options available to you, we’re grateful you’re driving one of ours.
    To show our appreciation, we recently sent an exclusive offer in the mail to our special
    customers like you… $1,000 toward your next eligible GM vehicle.
    • Use your Owner Loyalty Certificate to save on the eligible 2009 or 2010 Chevy, Buick, GMC
    or Cadillac of your choice — as well as remaining Saturn, Pontiac, Saab or HUMMER vehicles
    • Combine this offer with most current incentives for even greater savings
    It’s an exciting time to be a part of our family. Here’s why:
    • More Choices. For 2010, find cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs for every lifestyle, including 12
    2010 models with an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better
    • The Best Coverage. Our 100,000-Mile/5-Year2 Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty plus
    Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation Programs is available on most vehicles
    • Peace of Mind. With OnStar®,3 whether you need help in an emergency, you’re lost or stranded,
    the assistance you need is a button push away
    Scroll down to view the full list of eligible 2009 and 2010 models, then print out this entire email and take it, or the certificate you received in the mail, to your dealer to save. For more information, call 866.465.1005 or go to gm.com/loyalty.
    Use your Owner Loyalty Certificate from January 5, 2010, through February 1, 2010, and start the
    new year in a new GM.
    Thank you for driving with us.

General Motors | 100 Renaissance Center | 482.A00.MAR | Detroit, MI 48265

6. dannsmcc

While the 1000 grant, but I will not buy anything from GM

7. John Webber

10. Jan, 2010

Susan? Your company strangles our beloved Saab Company and you send this? Maybe if you can pull your head out your @ss you could get a job sweeping floors but get the hell out of marketing!

8. Steve

10. Jan, 2010

We got the letter and rebate check earlier in the week as well and were upset, same as Tim with Saab being lumped in with the “remaining Pontiac, Saturn, Saab vehicles”.

It certainly seemed from the timing of the check arriving that GM had already decided not to sell Saab and that letter didn’t sit well with us, but we are still hoping for good news this week.

…and no, we will not buy a GM vehicle after the ways things have been handled.

9. Patrik

10. Jan, 2010

It’s so fashinating that the sales department can come out with such an offer right now. On the other hand maybe 0.5 % of the customer base actually goes on and buys a new GM product. That they really piss off 15 % of the SAAB owners maybe they accept as they won’t buy a GM product anyway.

“Clueless in Detroit”

10. lumbduck

10. Jan, 2010

Even if GM give me 10000 USD,i will never buy any GM Car.
    Fxxk GM.I love SAAB forever!

11. JT

10. Jan, 2010

Well my current SAAB (2001 93 SE) gets better gas mileage than GM’s 2010 lineup of 12 cars that are supposed to get 30mpg hwy or better; and my previous SAAB (1988 9000 Turbo) also got better gas mileage. I’m not sure about my 1985 SAAB 900 Turbo 16, but I would lay bets it too gets better gas mileage than the GM 2010’s!

GM should stick to making car batteries as it is apparent that their Marketing skills are suspect. I would have to hazard a guess that the only models that get 30mpg or better probably have the size and performance characteristics of a Pontiac Firefly or the venerable Ford Festiva!

12. Erik

10. Jan, 2010

I worked as a Marketing Rep for SAAB and I can tell you GM never had a clue nor a real care about SAAB from the begining. SAAB was just another name plate to tarnish. I have called, as well as emailed GM and personally relayed the same message and urge everyone to do the same. If we could get a news story out it could do a great deal. BOYCOTT GM!

13. dan

10. Jan, 2010

Talk about audacity, with one hand GM is liquidating the Saab brand, but with the other hand yesterday I received a letter from them. Their letter states: “To show our appreciation (for being a loyal GM customer) we’ve enclosed an exclusive offer just for you…$1,000 towards your next GM vehicle.”

If, in their wildest dreams, they think I will buy another GM vehicle they are insane! And if I have anything to say about it, my family and friends will not do it either. I’m guessing they are finally feeling the heat from the loyal Saab owners (not GM owners) and are trying to salvage some of them.

Of course, the logos on the top of the letter only include: Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac. Saab is noticeably absent. They were even kind enough to include a website: gm.com/loyalty. What a great company. LOL….

14. dan

10. Jan, 2010

Talk about audacity, with one hand GM is liquidating the Saab brand, but with the other hand Friday I received a letter from them. Their letter states: “To show our appreciation (for being a loyal GM customer) we’ve enclosed an exclusive offer just for you…$1,000 towards your next GM vehicle.”

15. Cathy

10. Jan, 2010

I recieved the same “loyalty” letter this past week and could not believe it. My loyalty was to Saab, owned by GM or not and the dealership who always took great care. My intentions are to mail it back to GM care of their sales dept. and tell them how insulting this letter is.

I have been following all the news on this site and at Saab United and thank you for all your info since it is impossible to get most anywhere else.

I am on my third Saab and am hoping for good news. I felt that this was the only car I ever had to look at again and am hopeful that GM will do the right thing.

If Saab does go I can tell you that I will definately not be looking to GM for another vehicle, ever.

16. max

11. Jan, 2010

Websters….. oxymoron—– GM—– loyalty…give me a break….

17. Glen Miller

17. Mar, 2010

I have a 2007 SX Cadillac and a 2009 Chevy Aveo. I will buy ONLY GM products and support the home team.

18. JM Taylor

18. Mar, 2010

@Glen Miller: I am assuming that you have never owned a SAAB nor do you intend to! Thus I have to question your motives in posting comments on a site that supports SAAB owners and the SAAB brand. If you are satisfied with GM products and services, then continue to buy them; we will continue to buy SAAB products!